Thursday, December 4, 2014

Stomach bugs, sleep walking, and other fun.

After the long holiday weekend (really entire week for Josie and me), I knew getting back on track with clean eating would be difficult. My family really throws down in the kitchen for Thanksgiving. It's like artwork that you can eat, too! Anyway, we came back to a rather busy week with some big things happening. Josie went off to preschool as usual on Monday, but Tuesday morning--not having it. She was like a different child. She cried, "Josie stay home," before leaving. She looked like a drone on the car ride to school, and she wouldn't even set foot near her classroom door.

Who is this child?

Side note: Josie and I are that mama/baby couplet where the child leaps out of mama's arms into the loving warmth of her fellow classmates and teachers. It's heart warming, and at the same time, I feel like she's 18 years old and doesn't need me anymore. Ahh...parenthood.

One look at her face, and I strapped her back in the car seat. Upon hearing that a virus was going around and many teachers were out, I knew I'd made the right decision. We had a day at home, which basically means it was "Frozen"  non-stop. Super mom here, nice to meet you. She even says, "Prince Hannns...of Souvern Eyes." (aka Prince Hans of the Southern Isles). #frozenaddiction

Wednesday, she was back to her normal shenanigans, and I was so relieved that she hadn't shown any more virus symptoms. After all, I had been diffusing our essential oils, applying them topically to her feet, etc. I dressed her in the sweetest little shrimp and grits kids jumper you've ever seen, and she was off! I was able to get a yummy roast going in the crock pot that morning, so no worries for me. When I turn the crockpot on, I think my blood pressure goes down. Seriously, they're directly correlated. Fast forward to the afternoon. Andrew was starving (shocker), so we sat down with the roast...which was just delicious. The problem was that I could only eat a couple of bites. Also, my child ate nothing. Correction: She chewed a bite of celery, then spit it out. From there, it all went downhill. We had a special budget meeting at church, and by the end of it, I was "done." Thankfully, Andrew took over Josie bed time duties for me. I crawled into bed with my clothes still on. That should be a symptom. Seems like every time I do that, something is really wrong. I'll spare you the details that followed, but it.wasn't.pretty. Also, I saw every hour on the clock, which is never fun...which bring me to the 3am hour.

My husband is a sleep walker. It started with sleep talking. I used to lay there and tell myself to write his monologues down, but they always take place in the wee morning hours. By the time I try to find my phone, I've fallen asleep again. This morning, I caught him charging (yes, like a bull) through the room, frantically in search of the bathroom. I directed him to where he was going. After still managing to wash his hands (good boy), he attempted to walk out of the bedroom. And it goes a little something like this...I asked him where in the world he was going, he told me that he had to present something at the church budget meeting (which he did earlier), and I begged him to come back to bed. Finally, he did. Crisis avoided. This, my friends, is why we don't keep guns in the nightstands. You think I'm joking.

Thursday. Today, I basically laid in bed. All. Day. Andrew helped out big time with Josie. I didn't want her catching this thing, but I tell ya--I missed that kid! I could hear her little feet running up and down the hall and her crying, "Mommy...hold you." Just awful. I eventually let her up on the bed, and I hope I don't regret that later. I just couldn't take it anymore. She even brought her mama a sea shell from the beach park. Is she not the sweetest thing?

So, this post is a public service announcement. Avoid this virus at all costs. It is not worth your time. I am hoping to re-join the living tomorrow. But now, more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment