Monday, November 3, 2014

Still trucking...

Well, I'm here, and I guess I owe you an update. It has been a full week since I was able to add certain foods back into my diet, and I'm loving it. Seriously, y'all. Even though I'm restricted, it's still a good buffet compared to what I did the first week...which was the hardest thing I've ever done. I've read a little on the Whole30 diet, and one quote is, "This is not hard. Having a baby is hard." Let me tell ya how true AND false that statement is. I'd rather go through hard labor (again) for 24 hours than a week of the detox. So, with that in mind, men should probably not attempt it, right?? Hee hee....

The detox week was pretty rough. I went from Monday-Sunday for a total of seven days. Thursday and Saturday were the worst days for me. By Thursday, I was completely done with my limited diet. I'm sure my body was getting used to zero sugar and very few carbs. I worked Friday (for 12 hours), so that was tiring. I'm sure it contributed to Saturday being awful. Drinking the detox drink got a little easier, but making it every day was about the only activity I could handle. I am so glad that it wasn't longer than one week. I don't know if I could've made it.

Last week, I was able to add certain meats back into my diet. I'm also allowed coconut flour, almond flour, stevia, etc (which can make for some yummy snacks!) It takes a lot more planning and prep, but so far, it's definitely worth it. I feel fantastic, have more energy, and can see some changes in my weight.

Cheat alert: I did sneak a very little amount of Halloween candy, and I paid for it. Not a good idea. If I'd known my tummy would hurt that much, I might have eaten more....kidding. I'm about to enter the phase where I add probiotics and anti-fungals (staggered as to not cause candida die off symptoms.)

I'll keep you posted. So far...so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment