Monday, October 20, 2014

Detox: Day 1

I'd love to tell you that I woke up at 5am just plain ecstatic about the detox...but that didn't happen. I woke up early, but laid in the bed thinking, praying, and asking myself, "Meagan, why are you doing this?" This could be a long week....I did get a "Happy Detox Day" from Andrew this morning, which meant a lot. He's a keeper!

My first detox boo boo is not eating breakfast early enough today. I have this bad habit of getting Josie ready and off to preschool, and not eating til after 9am. Honestly, I wasn't hungry, but once I finished my first round of the detox drink, I was ready to eat. The detox drink is made up of the following:

-3 pints distilled water
-juice of one lemon
-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
-2 tbsp raw unpasturized apple cider vinegar

Simple....cheap...disgusting! Thankfully, I only drink the 1/3 of above recipe three times a day before each meal. I didn't mind the drink at first, but now...I'm wondering how I'll ever drink it again (much less for the next six days!)





After the detox drink, I ate an egg omelet with peppers and garlic. I'm allowed two eggs daily, so I used one for breakfast. Celery was my mid morning snack (which was more around lunch time). I had a big arugula and bibb lettuce salad for lunch with homemade dressing (vinegar and olive oil based). I threw some avocado on it just to feel like I wasn't a rabbit. No afternoon snack today, although I meant to have some dandelion tea (since I'm allowed herbal teas.) I think I'll grab a cup of that after I finish this. For dinner on day one, I had some veggie soup (made from spinach, garlic, onions, leeks, water, and thyme). It was pretty much awful, but I cooked up an egg to make dinner worthwhile.



I can tell I haven't had an added sugar or processed foods. This is starting to feel like when we did Paleo for the first time...maybe a little worse. I know one thing for sure--it will get worse by day 3.



I really can't believe that I watched the hubby eat a million "crabbies" (as J bug calls them). Seriously, as I looked at my food, then his food, I almost jumped that platter of fish. I snapped a pic instead.


So, there you have it. I'm hanging on, and I didn't cheat.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Meagan! Stay strong. You're doing better than I could!

    ReplyDelete