Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy Halloween!!




Halloween was the day after the big bonfire (which Andrew I didn't get home from until about 2:30am!) Needless to say, we slept in on Halloween Saturday! That morning we went and cleaned up the bonfire area, then came back so that I could clean the house!!! Am I the only one who absolutely LOVES this time of the week...or day???

Anyway, we only had two trick or treaters, but they were the cutest ones you've ever seen. Molly and Ellie came to visit us at the apartment that night. Lara Beth found the most adorable costumes for them this year! We let the girls pick a small fun size bag of candy, and then we loaded them down with HUGE Hershey Bars. I'm sure that Jay and Lara Beth loved that!







On Sunday, we went to First Baptist's fall festival. We met Philip, Emily Ann, and Manning there and took the girls. It was so nice this year with the pony rides, face painting, music, and food! The kids had a lot of fun....even though it was pretty chilly. For me, it was nice seeing some of the people that I saw every Sunday for 3 years. I love what Andrew and I are doing at generation church, but I sure do miss those people at FBC! What a great church!








Oh...one more thing that I just HAVE to tell you about. Mom and Dad came for the Vanderbilt/USC game a few weekends back and brought Halloween gifts with them. Gavin and Andrew got Starbucks cards (which are really neat, because they go on your keychain!) I got money for scrubs (much needed!) Anyway, we all got cards from them...except they weren't Halloween cards. Don't worry--they were Thanksgiving cards. Bless Dad's heart. He just saw all the orange colors and pumpkins and thought surely that he'd gotten Halloween cards. To top that off...Mom forgot to write in mine! It was pretty funny! Mom and Dad will probably kill me if they see this.

Oh well, Happy Halloween.

1 comment: