Saturday, November 7, 2009

Let the bonfires begin...


If we must go through cold weather, then we at least need lots of bonfires, right? Last Friday night, our small group hosted a bonfire with food and pumpkin carving too! It was a lot of fun, and the weather was really perfect for it! We even pulled out the corn hole set. I am proud to say that Rachel and I beat two guys (who I won't name for their dignity!) I think it was luck, though!

We also had some great pumpkin carving! Some people (including my husband) got really creative...and I'm happy (and a little sad) to say that 1st prize went to Jay with his Clemson pumpkin. Andrew's pumpkin was Colonel Sanders from the famous Kentucky Fried Chicken, and I carved a ladybug pumpkin. I don't think pumpkin carving is my thing. I'm not too artistic...and it takes a long time to do! I think that may be all the pumpkin carving I'm good for!

Hope you enjoy the pictures from that night.




His may look better here, but the ladybug has stood the test of time and
held up better this week!


Love it!!!





our make shift hayride...hay on a trailer pulled by the four wheeler



the pumpkin carving station



some of the finished work



No comments:

Post a Comment