Sunday, January 23, 2011

Because Andrew said so...

So, here I am...blogging. Andrew suggested that I start getting on here every other day just to update people on the randomness of our lives. Well, on a random note, I don't know if any of you remember, but I used to have a cute little signature at the conclusion of each blog--"Meagan" (of course), since I'm the only one who actually writes on this blog. However, Andrew got a little jealous of the signature. So, the signature is no more. I am going to suggest that he contribute to this blog occasionally, because he's very funny and...it would just be awesome!

Today after church, Andrew and I joined some people for Mexican. We drove about 15 minutes to this hole in the wall place. I probably couldn't tell you how to make it back there, but oh my goodness. The food was great! A few of our friends who went are full-blooded Mexicans, and Andrew scored the "quote of the day" saying, "I just love going to eat Mexican food with Mexicans!" Classy, babe. I do see where he was coming from, though. Mark and Teresa knew exactly how to order for everyone there based on what their tastes were. I, the boring and predictable one, got my usual combo (cheese dip and chicken quesadilla). It was one good plate of boring and predictable though! The best part of eating today was probably the conversation. We were there with a few couples who've been married for 20+ years and at some point, the conversation turned to marriage. It was interesting to hear how "all women are the same," and "how difficult it is to buy women gifts." I guess married men of all ages share the same struggles involving women. And...without taking this any further, I would think the same thing is true for women!

This week, we received our year end giving statements from the church. I am not bringing this up to brag in any way, but prioritizing giving to church is extremely important. We gave much more than I ever expected we would/could. It is just great to see how God allows us to put our money where our mouth is...literally. Andrew and I both agreed that we hoped to give even more next year. Personally, I don't feel that giving stops with monetary contributions. I feel that we can all give more, especially in the areas of our time, energy and talents. God is faithful, and he will use our contributions far better and for far greater things than we could ever imagine or do ourselves!!

We hope to hear some news this week with the house. We are waiting specifically for the seller to give us a response that could potentially make or break the sale. I guess that the gravity of all the unknown stuff could be stressful, but honestly Andrew and I are comfortable with whatever happens at this point. Hopefully, we'll be sharing some good news about the house in one of our future posts!!!

My friend since high school, Jennifer "Young" Peace is pregnant with Baby #2, and we are so thrilled for the Peace family! I can't imagine a happier or more precious baby than Bradford, but I'm sure he or she will be just as adorable. Bradford just turned one year old this week, so they are surely in for a treat this year. I can't wait!!!!!!!! Congratulations, Eliot, Jennifer, and Big Brother Bradford!

Ok, I think that's all for now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment