Monday, January 17, 2011

We're still here...

I'm not quite sure if anyone even reads this blog anymore, since I've become pretty lazy about updating it. Call me crazy, but I just haven't thought that our lives have anything worth blogging about. Well, the other day I started thinking about how busy we've been. So, I decided to bring you up to speed--that is for anyone still reading!

Work: I've taken a new position in the newborn nursery. I absolutely love working with babies and their parents. I don't think that I'll ever be able to work with another age group. Babies are just better! Think about it-- wouldn't you rather change a diaper on a baby than an adult? The best part of the job change for me is the fact that I no longer work the weekend!!!!!!!! Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!

Church: Church is still going well, and we're in the middle of contemplating another move...to a better location. We have added some new families and things are really starting to fall into place. We sent a great offering to the Oliver Gospel Mission in downtown Columbia for Christmas, and it was so great contributing to such a wonderful organization! I am still singing every Sunday and Gavin even plays drums for us occasionally. Andrew is continuing as the main teaching/preaching pastor, and I must say that he's doing a wonderful job. He tells partially un-true stories involving me (the innocent wife) at times, but it's okay. I know he's just trying to make a point.

House!!!!: We have put and had an offer accepted on a house. Nothing's final yet, since we are in the process of inspections and all that jazz. We are hopeful...more to come on this later! I don't want to say too much at this point.

Random:

1. We just bought a new camera, and we love it!!! No more waiting for 5 seconds from the time you hit the button til the camera actually takes the picture!!!!! Andrew and I both got some money for Christmas, so we chose to combine it for an even better gift. Thanks to all who contributed the funds!!!!!! Hopefully, you'll see a lot of pics on here now...since picture taking will be fun, new and exciting!

2. We are becoming faithful members of the gym. You know you're going regularly when the people at the desk know you by name...before they scan your ID card! ;-) I can feel myself getting healthy again...and I like it. Now, if I could only give up the sweets. Cannot.do.it. :-(

3. I am currently killing my husband in Wii basketball. Yes!

4. I am currently killing my husband in Wii frisbee, table tennis, and most other Wii sports.

5. Andrew is barely beating me in Wii bowling and archery.

6. I accidentally was playing with Darcy (Sara Lynn's new dog) and not balancing correctly on the Wii fit board recently. Now, my Wii fit age is........drumroll...........39 years old. Wow, didn't see that one coming.

7. Olive Garden's unlimited soup and salad on Sunday for lunch has currently been one of our #1's. The chicken gnocchi rocks. Please, go try it!

8. Andrew got Mike Holmes' "Holmes Magazine" subscription for Christmas. He's so excited...you should see his face right now! I really hope we get this house. It seems as if he may have some projects to tackle right away! ;-)

9. This Christmas, we were able to spend time with both sides of my extended family. We spent Christmas afternoon with Andrew's family.

10. I hope this doesn't sound like a rant, but if I hear one more teacher (or anyone for that matter) complain about going back to work tomorrow (after being out of school for the past six school days)...I will scream. Well, not really scream...but I would like to say "Come on, people!" Yes, South Carolina did just have the Blizzard of '11 which crippled our state. However, some of us having been working every day through the whole thing. I love my job, but some of us don't even get national holidays...or three month summer breaks. That's all I have to say ;-)


On that note...I think I should go to bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment