Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!


Last Thursday, Gavin, Andrew, and I carpooled home to Greenwood to surprise my Dad for his birthday. Mom had told him that they'd go to Capri's for dinner, but he had NO idea that we'd show up too. It was great to surprise him! This was the first time that I'd seen my parents since the wedding, so it was great going home for that reason too. Mom had wanted to go to Starbucks after dinner, but Dad and Andrew had other plans...that included watching the Clemson game on the new flat screen TV. Can you believe that Dad actually pulled for Clemson???? I was floored. He dislikes Georgia Tech THAT much! It was a crazy game (as you probably know), and we actually took the third quarter to watch our wedding dvd with Mom and Dad, while Gavin took a nap in Dad's new recliner! They were very pleased with it, and we even caught the part in the wedding where one of our ferns caught on fire. Did any of you notice that?? Yep...a fire at our wedding. Marshall (the groomsmen all the way at the top) put it out. Apparently, the wax off the candles caught a part of the fern on fire. I think it was during a prayer or something. So, obviously Andrew and I had no clue. We heard from a few guests about it happening. Of course, my brother noticed. I'm surprised that he wasn't laughing out loud during the prayer ;-)

I'm posting a picture that we took of Dad at the restaurant on his birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad. You'll never know how thankful I am for you. I love you very much!



Eating some of Dad's cheescake...Andrew's thinking about it


Church signs never cease to amaze me. I'm not telling you where this is, but if you are smart...you can figure it out. We also saw a sign on the way to Greenwood that said "Cricrets." I think what they meant was that they were selling Crickets. Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment