Thursday, October 8, 2009

Got the shot...





Tonight, Andrew and I went to get our flu shots...from none other than one of my favorite places--CVS. We didn't have to wait that long, and I was so good that I got a sticker and a lollipop. Andrew was just ready to get out of there. The nurse kept asking Andrew all these questions, and all he could say was "I'm just hungry."

I do have a small bone to pick with CVS though. So, (long story short) I have gotten into "couponing." I must say, I should have started a long time ago. I think it might be a bit addicting, but that's besides the point. Anyway, they have a book of coupons that are advertised as being available "when you get a flu shot." However, a bunch of web sites say that you can just walk into any CVS and pick one up since it's a "no purchase necessary" thing. Just yesterday, I was in CVS when I asked a salesperson where the free coupon books were. She says promptly, "Oh those are only if you've had a flu shot." Hmmm....

So tonight, after I got the shot, I asked the nurse for my coupon book. Yay! I earned it after all! Negative! "We're fresh out, honey...but, you can go to any CVS and pick one up. You know, you actually don't have to get a flu shot to get one of those??"

Salesperson at CVS yesterday: busted!!!!!

All I said was, "Hmm...I knew it!"

So, for all you couponers...don't believe the lie that you have to get a shot to get the book!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mrs. Coupon Queen!
    Seems you've become Columbia's newest member of the Coupon Club! Dad wonders why you didn't join the club before you got married!!!!

    ReplyDelete